SQLite is an open-source, relational database management system that does not require a separate server. It is one of the most popular forms of internal database systems on the web today.
What is SQLite?
SQLite is a relational database management system that implements a small, fast, self-contained, high-reliability, full-featured, SQL database engine. Its file format is stable, cross-platform, and backwards compatible and the developers pledge to keep it that way through at least the year 2050.
It was created in the 1990s by DBD’s founder Mr Chris Lattner to make software development more efficient without needing large-scale organization or corporate backing for funding.
You don’t have to spend money on licensing costs and you don’t have to worry about paying any kind of subscription fee. This means your organization will save thousands in potential future expenses! It also means there’s less hassle involved with integrating SQLite into your system because it doesn’t require much configuration or maintenance.
Businesses love this type of setup because they never know when their web host might go out of business or change service pricing plans at short notice – endangering the company’s new digital site development project (which was almost completed). Web developers like SQLite because it takes less time to set up.
If you have a large database that is constantly being updated, SQLite may not be the best option for your organization. It can handle small databases and multiple users accessing them at once but does not scale well if there are hundreds or thousands of simultaneous requests made against the same data sets simultaneously.
This type of hardware requirement limits its capability as an enterprise-level solution – despite providing excellent service in most scenarios where it would work perfectly fine! And this means those who need businesses solutions will likely want to look elsewhere for their platform needs (like MySQL). However, when used correctly and for what they’re intended – low volume sites with simple database relationship.
Tutorials and Courses
- SQLite Tutorials – This is a website dedicated to this database engine’s tutorials. It also includes tutorials and libraries to connect SQLite with other programming languages.
- Tutorialspoint – This tutorial has been prepared for beginners to help them understand the basic-to-advanced concepts related to SQLite Database Engine.
- JavaTPoint – SQLite Tutorial provides basic and advanced concepts of SQLite. These tutorials are designed for beginners and professionals both.
- Intro To SQLite Databases for Python Programming – In this course you’ll learn the basics of using SQLite with Python.
- Learn C# & SQLite Programming for beginners – This course was simple enough so that everyone can learn about Windows Forms and using SQLite to connect to app. You will learn how to design simple SQL database and then how you can manage data from your application that you will make in C#.
- Learn SQLite Programming on Android Kitkat – Database is the lifeline for every application and for all serious Android App Developers knowledge of SQLite is a MUST. The course spans about 110 minutes of HIGH Quality Videos which consists of 11 Lectures and Assignments.
- Tutlane – If you want to learn SQLite via examples, you can read Tutlane’s tutorial section.
- sqlitebrowser – DB Browser for SQLite (DB4S) is a high quality, visual, open source tool to create, design, and edit database files compatible with SQLite.
- SQLiteStudio – This is a Windows tool which allow users to create, edit, and browse SQLite databases.
- SQLite Viewer – View data online.
- sqliteonline – Open database and execute queries online.
1 thought on “Best Resources to Learn SQLite”
Good list of resources to learn sqlite. Even the following sqlite resource is also very good to learn. Please check it, if it is good, add it to the list.