SQL Server is a relational database management system (RDBMS) developed by Microsoft. Besides business solution, Microsoft offers SQL Server Developer and SQL Server Express.
SQL Server Developer is a full-featured free edition, licensed for use as a development and test database in a non-production environment.
SQL Server Express is a free edition of SQL Server, ideal for development and production for desktop, web, and small server applications.
Tutorials and Courses
- sqlservertutorial – This website shows all aspects of using SQL Server. After going through the entire tutorials, you will be able to administer SQL Server effectively, query data efficiently from tables in the SQL Server database, and create database objects.
- Microsoft SQL for Beginners – A comprehensive course to teach you how to complete SQL queries using Microsoft SQL Server and the T-SQL language. If you have absolutely no SQL or database background, this course is for you.
- Introduction to SQL Server – Even though this course is a introduction to relational databases and SQL Server, it starts with a high level.
- Microsoft SQL documentation – Learn how to use Azure SQL Services and SQL Server to manage your database needs, both on-premises and in the cloud.
- SQL Server tutorial for beginners – In this tutorial, you will learn from the very basics and cover topics like joins, views, triggers, system functions, stored procedures, user defined scalar and table valued functions etc.