Symfony is a PHP web application framework that has existed as free software since 2005. The software is ideal for developers from many angles. Symfony comes with custom features and functionalities as well that can be used by businesses to improve their operations.
Table of Contents
Tutorials and Courses
These tutorial courses will make you a better Symfony 5 user, either as a developer or a business entity.
- Symfony 4 & 5 Web Development Guide: Beginner to Advanced – This course takes you through the theory and practical aspects of creating a professional application. You will be able to create an advanced video-sharing application that integrates PayPal and also come up with a crud app. This course also takes you through the step-by-step process of installing Symfony.
- Symfony 5 PHP Framework – Major concepts covered in this course include forms and email delivery, encore, SASS, Twig, Doctrine, and many more. You will also learn how to build a professional eCommerce store based on Symfony’s coding system.
- Affiliate Marketing Website with Symfony using Feeds – This course will teach you how to create a site from scratch based on the knowledge of CSV or XML affiliate product feed. You will also learn more about affiliate marketing using a developer’s approach.
- Symfony Beginner Guide 2020 – Build a real-world application using this simple course which does not require any prior knowledge of coding. You will be taken through a step-by-step process to building a database and creating dummy data sets using a provided Fixture.
- Symfony API Platform with React Full Stack Masterclass – The learner will be taught how to use an API platform to develop robust APIs in Symfony 5. Additionally, the course will equip you with the skills to create a relatively complicated reactorJS application compatible with the API platform.
Reasons to choose Symfony
Symfony allows the building of all types of complex sites even with minimal programming knowledge. If you have some experience in developing web applications then you may be surprised by how easily you can solve the main tasks using it.
- Coding speed – Flex, Autowiring, and Doctrine are three components of Symfony that will save developers lots of time making an application.
- Code quality – Symfony is a clean PHP framework with reusable components which focus on a small task and do it right.
- Modularity – With the module-based architecture, apps which are powered by Symfony are highly extensible.
- Ecosystem – Written in PHP, a huge number of useful third-party plug-ins. It’s practically difficult not to find a bundle that can help you to do anything you would want.
- Cost – Like any other open source projects, Symfony automatically has low user fees being totally open source.
- Community – Symfony provides new and experienced developers with complete and detailed documentation.
- High productivity: You don’t need to stop between tiny details because Symfony takes care of them and lets to develop quickly.
- A lot of built-in helper classes: This feature helps save time when building a site structure.
- Good scalability: The framework could be scaled to fit any size of the project.
- Well-documented: Documentation is one of the best in the PHP world and is extensive enough even for newbies.
- It’s not easy to start with it: Symfony has a steep learning curve but there are already a lot of docs and guidelines available.