Go is an open-source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software.
Go is expressive, concise, clean, and efficient. Go compiles quickly to machine code yet has the convenience of garbage collection and the power of run-time reflection.
The go programming utilizes the C-like syntax and has strong concurrency support. It is been developed by Google in 2007 to make it easy for building simple, reliable, and efficient software systems. It is simply a way of coding that allows you to write clean code with fewer lines of code. Its simplicity is maintained by using various features like modifier stripping, gofmt (a code formatter), go-fix, a build tool, and test files.
The Go programming language is a general purpose, statically typed, an open source programming language that was developed at Google in 2007. It has been used for the server backend of many popular websites such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Facebook’s Instagram. The Go compiler compiles your code into machine readable instructions which can be executed by CPUs or GPUs on any computer system with an appropriate operating system. This blog post will give you an introduction to this formidable language!
The Go has many advantages like:
- Its simplicity is maintained by using various features
- To write codes in Go the programmer does not need to learn fancy syntax.
- Go has got a rich standard library that is similar to the standard libraries of most other languages like C, Java, and Python.
- The go program takes less time than a compiled language like C or C++ thus its performance is good compared with these languages.
Tutorials and Courses
- Official Documentation – This covers all of Go’s basic features including syntax and data structures, methods and interfaces, concurrency primitives, modules, and more. Go Official Documentation will have you on the fast track to documenting your latest project or research with this guide. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, there’s something for everyone in Go Official Documentation!
- Mastering Multithreading Programming with Go – In this course, learn how to create scalable and high-performing software using Golang multithreading. This online course will introduce you to algorithms for shared memory problems in Concurrent and Parallel computing. You’ll be shown advanced topics like goroutines, channels, condition variables, waitgroups, and more with the aim of helping you build your programming skills in Go with a deeper understanding of everything parallel.
- Introducing Go – Perfect for beginners familiar with programming basics, this hands-on guide provides an easy introduction to Go, the general-purpose programming language from Google. Author Caleb Doxsey covers the language’s core features with step-by-step instructions and exercises in each chapter to help you practice what you learn.
- Go Bootcamp – 12 chapters that cover everything you need to know to get started with Go. While many texts on learning Go include exercises where you compile and install their examples, this book is different. This allows you to follow along without worrying about compiling and installing code. Additionally, all of the examples and solutions are available online so you can execute them right from your browser without any special attention or effort.
- Build Web Application with Golang – If you are familiar with PHP, python, and ruby, then this course will teach you how to build web applications in the language of the latest internet sensations: Go! You’ll get to see what is happening under the hood so that you can adapt to new skills quickly and efficiently. If you are working with C or C++, these basics might not be completely new territory for you (although I can still help) but now learning to work at a higher level will allow for greater versatility when it comes time to automate tasks across your supply chain.
- Go by Example – Each member of Go lang will be introduced in an example.
- Mastering Go Programming – With a focus on hands-on exercises, this video course is a step-by-step approach to taking your Go skills to the next level and creating an application all by yourself.
- Learn How To Code: Google’s Go (golang) Programming Language – No prerequisite knowledge is required to take this course. This course starts at the very beginning and will teach you everything you need to know to be an outstanding programmer.
- GoLand – GoLand is a cross-platform IDE built especially for Go developers.
- LiteIDE X – LiteIDE is a simple, open source Go IDE. It’s notable for being the first IDE to directly target Go.