Golang, also known as Go language, is a modern programming language created by Google as a fast and efficient way to write software. Analysts tout its support for both high-speed and safe coding, as well as its popularity among programmers.
Go is an open-source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software. Go is expressive, concise, clean, and efficient. Go compiles quickly to machine code yet has the convenience of garbage collection and the power of run-time reflection.
The go programming utilizes the C-like syntax and has strong concurrency support. It is been developed by Google in 2007 to make it easy for building simple, reliable, and efficient software systems. It is simply a way of coding that allows you to write clean code with fewer lines of code. Its simplicity is maintained by using various features like modifier stripping, gofmt (a code formatter), go-fix, a build tool, and test files.
The Go programming language is a general-purpose, statically typed, open-source programming language that was developed at Google in 2007. It has been used for the server backend of many popular websites such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Facebook’s Instagram. The Go compiler compiles your code into machine-readable instructions which can be executed by CPUs or GPUs on any computer system with an appropriate operating system. This blog post will give you an introduction to this formidable language!
The Go has many advantages:
- Its simplicity is maintained by using various features
- To write codes in Go the programmer does not need to learn fancy syntax.
- Go has got a rich standard library that is similar to the standard libraries of most other languages like C, Java, and Python.
- The go program takes less time than a compiled language like C or C++ thus its performance is good compared with these languages.
With its advantages, there are many resources out there to learn Golang. In this article, we will look at some of the best resources available so you can confidently navigate your way through the Go language.
Table of Contents
Tutorials and Courses
- Tour of Go – If you want to learn the Go programming language, the Tour of Go is a great place to start. It is an interactive tutorial that takes you through the basics of the language without needing to download anything. You can simply try Go right in your browser. Additionally, the official Go website has comprehensive documentation and a blog with content ranging from beginner to advanced. To get the most out of the Tour of Go, be sure to complete the exercises. This will help you to gain a better understanding of the concepts and identify any gaps in your knowledge. Reading about a programming language is one thing, but actually coding with it is a completely different experience.
- Official Documentation – This covers all of Go’s basic features including syntax and data structures, methods and interfaces, concurrency primitives, modules, and more. Go Official Documentation will have you on the fast track to documenting your latest project or research with this guide. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, there’s something for everyone in Go Official Documentation!
- Mastering Multithreading Programming with Go – In this course, you can learn how to create scalable and high-performing software using Golang multithreading. This online course will introduce you to algorithms for shared memory problems in Concurrent and Parallel computing. You’ll be shown advanced topics like goroutines, channels, condition variables, waitgroups, and more to help you build your programming skills in Go with a deeper understanding of everything parallel.
- Introducing Go – Perfect for beginners familiar with programming basics, this hands-on guide provides an easy introduction to Go, the general-purpose programming language from Google. Author Caleb Doxsey covers the language’s core features with step-by-step instructions and exercises in each chapter to help you practice what you learn.
- Go Bootcamp – 12 chapters that cover everything you need to know to get started with Go. While many texts on learning Go include exercises where you compile and install their examples, this book is different. This allows you to follow along without worrying about compiling and installing code. Additionally, all of the examples and solutions are available online so you can execute them right from your browser without any special attention or effort.
- Build Web Application with Golang – If you are familiar with PHP, python, and ruby, then this course will teach you how to build web applications in the language of the latest internet sensations: Go! You’ll get to see what is happening under the hood so that you can adapt to new skills quickly and efficiently. If you are working with C or C++, these basics might not be completely new territory for you (although I can still help) but now learning to work at a higher level will allow for greater versatility when it comes time to automate tasks across your supply chain.
- Go by Example – Each member of Go lang will be introduced in an example.
- Mastering Go Programming – With a focus on hands-on exercises, this video course is a step-by-step approach to taking your Go skills to the next level and creating an application all by yourself. You will learn how to use advanced concurrency patterns and the flexible reflection capabilities of Go. You will also learn how to write unit tests and benchmarks for your Go code, create advanced backend microservices for the Hydra spaceship software, design an end-to-end chat system, handle JSON, XML, and CSV data formats, interact with MongoDB, MySQL, and BoltDB, build a powerful communications layer for your microservices using protocol buffers, TCP, and UDP, develop powerful web applications and Restful APIs utilizing HTTP requests, forms, and cookies, design dynamic UI for the Hydra software utilizing Go templates and WebSockets, and secure your applications with certificates, HTTPS, and secure web sockets.
- Learn How To Code: Google’s Go (golang) Programming Language – No prerequisite knowledge is required to take this course. This course starts at the very beginning and will teach you everything you need to know to be an outstanding programmer.