Go is an open source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software.
Go is expressive, concise, clean, and efficient. Go compiles quickly to machine code yet has the convenience of garbage collection and the power of run-time reflection.
The Go programming language is a general purpose, statically typed, open source programming language that was developed at Google in 2007. It has been used for the server backend of many popular websites such as Docker, Kubernetes and Facebook’s Instagram. The Go compiler compiles your code into machine readable instructions which can be executed by CPUs or GPUs on any computer system with an appropriate operating system. This blog post will give you an introduction to this formidable language!
Tutorials and Courses
- Official Documentation – This covers all Go’s basic feautres including syntax and data structures, methods and interfaces, concurrency primitives, modules, and more.
- Mastering Multithreading Programming with Go – In this course, learn how to create scalable and high-performing software using Golang multithreading. This online course will introduce you to algorithms for shared memory problems in Concurrent and Parallel computing. You’ll be shown advanced topics like goroutines, channels, condition variables, waitgroups and more with the aim of helping you build your programming skills in Go with a deeper understanding of everything parallel.
- Introducing Go – Perfect for beginners familiar with programming basics, this hands-on guide provides an easy introduction to Go, the general-purpose programming language from Google. Author Caleb Doxsey covers the language’s core features with step-by-step instructions and exercises in each chapter to help you practice what you learn.
- Go Bootcamp – 12 chapters which cover everything you need to know to get started with Go.
- Build Web Application with Golang – Learn how to make a web app.
- Go by Example – Each member of Go lang will be introduced in an example.
- Mastering Go Programming – With a focus on hands-on exercises, this video course is a step-by-step approach to take your Go skills to the next level and create an application all by yourself.
- Learn How To Code: Google’s Go (golang) Programming Language – No prerequisite knowledge is required to take this course. This course starts at the very beginning and will teach you everything you need to know to be an outstanding programmer.
- GoLand – GoLand is a cross-platform IDE built specially for Go developers.
- LiteIDE X – LiteIDE is a simple, open source Go IDE. It’s notable for being the first IDE to directly target Go.