Corona is a Lua-based 2D engine lets you develop games for all major platforms including iOS, Android, Kindle, Apple TV, Android TV, macOS, and Windows. The framework consists of over 1000 built-in APIs, a vast selection of plugins, and Corona Native extensions (C/C++/Obj-C/Java), you can make your dream game.
Tutorials and Courses
- Documentation – This official document teach developers how to use Corona SDK with projects such as endless running, Flappy Bird, match-3. You can use them as a foundation to get comfortable with Corona.
- Corona Learn – Another reliable official source for learning Corona. These sections cover the essential aspects of Corona and are divided into detailed guides, tutorials, video lessons, and relevant 3rd-party resources when available.
- Game Development using Corona SDK in 2016 with ASO & Ads – Learn the easiest way to publish your game in different app stores, explore ways to generate revenue from your games, learn where to find free game art, discover sources of free music, get informed about ASO-App Store Optimization.
- Beginning Mobile Game Development – The course provides tutorial videos which can be viewed online and the sample code which can be downloaded to your computer. It is aimed at beginners who is new to game development.
Best Plugins for Corona
- Apple IAP – In-app purchases and receipt validation for Apple platforms.
- AdMob – Allows developers to monetize users through AdMob static interstitial ads, video interstitial ads, and banner ads.
- Google Play Games Services V2 – This plugin enables access to Google Play Games Services for game networking, including achievements, leaderboards, multiplayer, quests, videos, and more.
- Unity Ads – Monetize users through Unity Ads’ video interstitial and rewarded video ads.
- CandyDrop Template with AdMob – This is a fully customizable template for CandyDrop (falling item collection) style game, developed using Corona SDK. Works on both iOS devices and Android! The game features randomly generated dropping objects: candies and bombs
- Endless Runner Template with AdMob – This is a template to make endless runner game. It features randomly generated obstacles (4 different), platforms, and stars to collect.
- True Or False Quiz – The kit makes it super easy to add questions in the game. It comes with 6 build in categories.
- StoryBook Template – This template was built for non-coders and coders alike and is perfect for picture books, children books, learning books, or any type of book with photos.