ASP.NET is an open source web framework, created by Microsoft, for building modern web apps and services with .NET. ASP.NET extends the .NET platform with tools and libraries specifically for building web apps. The frameworks adds base framework for processing web requests in C# or F#, Razor web-page templating syntax, libraries for common web patterns like MVC, and authentication system.
ASP.NET is cross platform and runs on Windows, Linux, macOS, and Docker.
Tutorials and Courses
- Become a Full-stack .NET Developer – In this course, you’re going to learn the core front-end and back-end skills that every full-stack. NET developer must know. The course covers building beautiful user interfaces, building back-end APIs, object-oriented programming, clean architecture, and automated testing, and you’re going to learn all these in the context of a real world application.
- ASP.NET MVC Step by Step – Do you want to learn ASP.NET MVC from the basics to advanced? This list contains 19 videos covering basics components.
- Getting started with ASP.NET MVC 5 – This tutorial teaches ASP.NET Core MVC with controllers and views. Razor Pages is a new alternative in ASP.NET Core 2.0, a page-based programming model that makes building web UI easier and more productive. We recommend you try the Razor Pages tutorial before the MVC version.
- The Complete ASP.NET MVC 5 Course – In 7.5 hours of high-quality content (equivalent to a 500-page book), you’ll learn how to build and deploy fast and secure web applications with ASP.NET MVC 5, including implementing CRUD operations, building forms with validation , building RESTful services using ASP.NET Web API, using Entity Framework code-first workflow to build a model, implementing security, authentication and authorization using ASP.NET Identity, using powerful jQuery plugins, and much more…
- Creating Your First ASP.NET MVC Website – In this workshop, you’ll learn how to create an ASP.NET MVC website using Visual Studio.
- ASP.NET MVC 5 Fundamentals – ASP.NET MVC 5 Fundamentals covers all the new features of ASP.NET MVC 5, as well as the new features for web developers in Visual Studio 2013, including WebApi 2, OWIN, Katana, SignalR, and the Entity Framework version 6.
- ASP.NET Core Tutorial – This ASP.NET Core tutorial will teach you the basics of building an ASP.NET Core MVC web application using Visual Studio 2017.
- Modernize ASP.NET Web Apps with Azure App Service – This video is practical training in using Azure App Service in a fast and effective way to refactor your ASP.NET applications on the cloud, it covers the most relevant topics to help you understand Azure and Azure App Service functionalities and modernize your ASP.NET applications.