Developing an app for mobile devices is no small feat. It requires a solid understanding of the different platforms, the technology involved, and what makes a successful app. To make sure you’re on the right track, here are key facts about app development that you must know.
Facts You Must Know Before Developing an App
- According to recent studies, over 80% of people now access content through their mobile devices than through traditional desktop computers or laptops. This means that if your business doesn’t have an app, you could be missing out on potential customers who prefer to access content through their phones or tablets.
- Cross-platform development is important. In order to maximize your reach and get your app in front of as many people as possible, you should develop it for multiple platforms including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry OS, etc. While developing multiple platforms is time-consuming and expensive, it will pay off in the long run since you’ll have access to more potential users across different operating systems.
- It’s not enough to just develop an app; it also needs to be a good quality app with good design, user experience, navigation, etc. App users expect high quality from their apps so developers must ensure that they deliver the best possible product for their customers.
- When creating an app for mobile devices, design matters just as much as functionality does. An app with a complicated design will be off-putting to users who want fast results with minimal effort – something that can be achieved with simple designs and user-friendly interfaces. Make sure your design is intuitive and easy to use so users don’t get frustrated trying to figure out how to use it properly!
- Analytics is key. Knowing how your users interact with your product is essential if you want to keep improving it over time as well as making sure that you’re targeting the right kind of audience with marketing campaigns. Using analytics tools like Google Analytics can provide invaluable insight into user behavior both inside and outside of your application!
- Google Play Store and Apple App Store offer users an unprecedented selection of applications, boasting 3.5 million and 1.6 million respectively at the end of 2022. With such a huge variety of software products available, everyone is sure to find something that suits their needs – whether it is photography editing suites, knowledge databases, or entertainment options.
- With more than 60% of millennials buying products via mobile applications, it’s no surprise that apps are increasingly seen as a convenient way to shop. It’s easy to see why these individuals choose apps for purchases; beyond being user-friendly, they can be accessed from nearly anywhere at any time. Shopping through mobile apps allows customers to compare prices quickly and easily, reserve limited-edition or hard-to-find items, and pay with their preferred method of payment.
- App Store Optimization ( ASO ) is necessary. Making sure that people actually find out about your application through search engines is essential, thus optimizing its listing within relevant stores is key! Make sure you use keywords effectively as well as include screenshots/videos/reviews/descriptions / etc … All these elements help people discover & engage with new applications!
- It’s not surprising that mobile app developers have been turning to ads as their main source of revenue in recent years. After all, why rely on costly upgrades or subscriptions when you can just display advertisements? This money-making method is relatively straightforward: each time users encounter an ad while using the app, the developer receives some income.
- Millennials, who constitute the largest segment of the population, may be more likely to habitually play with their phones than people of other age groups. According to recent studies, an astonishing 21% of millennials open an app over 50 times a day. To put this into perspective, nearly half of all people use such apps more than 11 times each day.
- Daily, the average smartphone owner will access 10 different applications and, in total, they use around 30 apps per month. This clearly demonstrates how dependent people have become on their mobile devices for relatively mundane tasks, as well as a plethora of more meaningful activities.
- The Apple App Store is providing users with an overwhelming array of new apps every month – 32,000 to be exact!
- Nearly everyone has experienced uninstalling an app because they never ended up using it. This can be due to the lack of usability or needing more features, but more often than not, it’s simply a lack of use that causes people to get rid of apps on their phones. This is why the number one reason people uninstall applications is that they are no longer being used.
- It is estimated that 20% of apps are in the form of games on Apple App Store. This means that millions of app users have a plethora of digital gaming experiences at their fingertips, from action and adventure to puzzles and strategy. For app developers, this niche is clearly a highly lucrative option!
- The Apple App Store continues to dominate the mobile app market, with nearly double the revenue from apps compared to Google Play Store. This has been verified by multiple research studies and confirms Apple’s strength as a distribution platform of choice for mobile applications. It’s not surprising that developers flock to the App Store chorus launch their apps, as it has established itself as a powerful source for making profits.