Xamarin is a Microsoft-owned San Francisco-based software company founded in May 2011 by the engineers that created Mono. It is an open source app platform from Microsoft for building modern hybrid iOS and Android apps with C# and .NET.
Tutorials and Courses
- Get Started with Xamarin– Xamarin.Forms is a cross-platform UI toolkit that allows developers to efficiently create native user interface layouts that can be shared across iOS, Android, and Universal Windows Platform apps.
- Xamarin Android Tutorial Advanced – Over 50 videos on how to use Xamarin.Android to build Android applications for absolute beginners.
- Xamarin Forms: Build Native Cross-platform Apps with C# – Mosh will take you on a pragmatic and step-by-step journey and teach you how to build native mobile apps for Android, iOS and Windows using Xamarin Forms and C#.
- Xamarin in Action – This book teaches you to build cross-platform mobile apps using Xamarin and C#. You’ll explore all the layers of a Xamarin app, from design to deployment. By the end, you’ll be able to build a quality, production-ready Xamarin app on iOS and Android from scratch with a high level of code reuse.
- Xamarin Android and Xamarin iOS – A comprehensive tutorial which cover all features and how to them to make an working Android and iOS apps.