The Unreal Engine is one of the top game engines, created by Epic Games. Although it was originally intended for developing first-person shooter games, it turned out to be valuable for other genres. Lots of game developers are enthusiastic about knowing about this engine due to its high portability. Unreal Engine 4 is the latest version released in the year 2014.
Table of Contents
Tutorials and Courses
Find the best tutorials to learn the Unreal Engine.
- Unreal Documentation – This section consists of some text-based walkthroughs with included pictures to make the experience easier to follow.
- Unreal Engine VFX Tutorials – YouTube is the best platform to find free tutorials on Unreal Engine. This site gives you instructions on Unreal Engine Niagara, Unreal Engine VFX, and Unity VFX. The video-based tutorials make it easy for you to learn Unreal Engine.
- Introduction to Unreal Engine 4 – Pluralsight offers a premium course to guide you on the way of dealing with Unreal Editor. You will learn the effective use of BSP geometry. The tutorial will show you how to develop gaming material. PluralSight offers more than 30 courses that cover topics of Unreal. This premium course comes with an option of a free trial for new learners.
- RayWenderlich– This free tutorial on Unreal Engine 4 is best for beginners. The tutorial gives you a guide to installing Unreal Engine 4, creating materials, navigating through the interface, and importing assets. You will also learn the way of adding colors to your 3D models.
- Unreal Engine C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games – While learning Unreal Editor, you can know about C++ programming language. The paid tutorials guide you on the use of Unreal Engine 4 Editor, audio effects, game designing principles, Unreal Gameplay Framework, and other technologies. You can create video games by going through this training course at Udemy.
- Unreal Engine 4: Realtime Motion Graphics – This premium course helps you to learn the way of managing the UE4 project, create C4D units, assigning materials, and rendering motion graphics. The course is best for both motion graphic designers and game developers.
- Unreal Engine 4: How to Develop Your First Two Games – Approved by Epic Games and taught by Unreal Engine Evangelist Chris Murphy, this course is for any developer wishing to work in Unreal Engine for creating interactive experiences and/or enterprise fields of real-time training simulation, visualization, and media/entertainment.
- Make a FPS Game – In this Unreal Engine 4 tutorial, you will create a simple first-person shooter. You will learn how to create a first-person character that can fire a gun and how to damage other actors.
- UE4WithCasey – Learn to make a game with Casey via a list of videos.
- Souls-Like Action RPG w/ Multiplayer – Create a high-quality, combat-focused Souls-like Action RPG for both Single and Multiplayer in Unreal Engine 4
- Creating An Action Role Playing Game – This series of videos will guide you through making an action RPG game, including character animation like crouching, attacking, enemy AI,
- Multi Objects Renaming Tool – Multi-Objects Renaming tool (MORT) is a simple editor improvement that adds one often used function to automate editing of tons of actors\objects names (except folders) in the World Outliner and Content Browser.
- Animation Starter Pack – Epic’s Animation Starter Pack contains 62 animations that can be used with the classic Mannequin as well as upcoming Marketplace releases.
- Dungeon Architect – Dungeon Architect is a procedural dungeon generator that extends the UE4 Editor to help streamline the level creation process.
- Easy Texture Creator – Procedurally create different textures, stylized or realistic, using intuitive stamps & layers. A powerful randomization system allows to the generation of infinite variants with 1 click. 33 example texture generators included.
- Simplygon – The technology and workflow from Simplygon empower producers, artists, developers, and 3D specialists to work together to create the highest-quality 3D experiences possible, for any platform, without manual drudgery or costly code.
- Smart Spline Generator – Generate various assets that automatically align to any surface, in a highly customizable way.
- Explosions Builder – Explosions small, medium, or apocalyptic put the bang on your project.