High-intensity interval training (HIIT) and other similar types of exercise are extremely good at improving both aerobic and anaerobic health. These types of training require observing time. You need a right app to track your workout anytime and anywhere. Following are the best workout timer apps on iPhone.
This app helps you keep track of your work and rest periods during workouts, be it cycling, running, lifting weights, exercise, workout, stretching, boxing, MMA or HIT.
- Customizable sets, high/low intensity interval and rest
- Run in background when screen is locked
- Play your song or playlist during your workout
- Share your workout to Facebook or Twitter
- Save settings as templates
The app is an Tabata interval timer that works for all your interval training needs. You can use it with Tabata, HIIT, kettlebells, bodyweight exercises, interval running, sprints, and other types.
- Classic Tabata comes built-in.
- Simple and easy to use
- Support 2 beautiful themes by default.
- Color-coded phases.
- Customizable sets and cycles, initial countdown, warmup time, exercise, rest, recovery and cooldown intervals
- A list of presets to support multiple interval training needs is available in pro version.
- Pause your workouts if needed.
- Works with the screen locked and in your pocket.
- Support vibration and beeps.
- Voice assist so that you focus on your workout without looking at the screen.
- Support music played from iPod.
- Apple Health support
Runtastic Timer App can be use while training at the gym, with weights, kettle bells, spinning, bodyweight exercises or other fitness activities.
- Customize your time for each phase: Workout, Rest period, Reps, Sets
- Voice feedback
- Support unlimited templates
Seconds Interval Timer HIIT is a paid app. Non-Pro user can only use 1 template. This app is one of the most advanced interval timer.
- Support Apple Watch
- Built-in templates for HIIT, Tabata, Circuit Training and more
- Custom timers to create any intervals
- Suport Bluetooth heart rate sensor
- Speaks your interval names in your language
- Allow music during intervals
- Support external display and AirPlay Mirroring
- Can run in the background