Swift is an industry-standard programming language to develop iOS apps. You can use Swift to create apps for iPadOS, watchOS, macOS, and tvOS. New programmers can easily learn Swift. Still, there is a need for a tutorial to know about this scripting language.
Table of Contents
Tutorials and Courses
We have listed the best online platforms where you can find iOS Swift tutorials.
- Swift Programming: Introduction – You can find short video tutorials on Swift on Youtube. Available free of cost, these tutorials enable you to gain basic knowledge of Swift. There are more than 50 tutorials with understandable instructions on how to use Swift for app development.
- Classic Computer Science Problems in Swift – Lots of developers have chosen this book to learn the foundational coding processes with Swift. The book also informs you about genetic algorithms, graph algorithms, and several other things. The author focuses on the use of Swift 4.1 for developing apps for iOS devices.
- 100 Days of Swift – It is another paid course on Swift programming language. The tutorial has basic information on Swift. There are also several videos on the UI, Code Date, Code Alert View, and lots of other things.
- iOS 10 & Swift 3 – Udemy offers a premium tutorial on how to build Swift 3. Go through this course to develop iOS 10 apps and submit them to APP Store. The course has different sections to let you learn the app development process. You will also learn the way of adding GPS, maps, and geolocation technology.
- Developing iOS 11 Apps with Swift- Stanford – You can choose this free tutorial to use Swift for building iOS 11 apps. There is a guide on creating UI design and the best user interactions for your app. Moreover, you can create an object-oriented design with the MVC paradigm. Other topics in the tutorial are animation, multi-threading, and networking.
- Alamofire – Alamofire is an HTTP networking library written in Swift. It features Chainable Request / Response Methods, URL / JSON Parameter Encoding, Upload File / Data / Stream / MultipartFormData, Download File using Request or Resume Data, Authentication with URLCredential, HTTP Response Validation, Upload and Download Progress Closures with Progress, cURL Command Output, Dynamically Adapt and Retry Requests, TLS Certificate and Public Key Pinning, Network Reachability, Comprehensive Unit, and Integration Test Coverage.
- Quick – Quick is a behavior-driven development framework for Swift and Objective-C.
- Kingfisher – A lightweight, pure-Swift library for downloading and caching images from the web.
- Eureka – Eureka helps you write dynamic table-view forms in a simple and elegant way.
- ViewAnimator – ViewAnimator is a library for building complex iOS UIView animations in an easy way. It provides one-line animations for any view including the ones which contain other views like UITableView and UICollectionView with its cells or UIStackView with its arranged Subviews.
- ObjectMapper – ObjectMapper is a framework written in Swift that makes it easy for you to convert your model objects (classes and structs) to and from JSON.
- SwiftyJSON – Makes it easy to deal with JSON data in Swift!
- RxSwift – Reactive Programming in Swift.
- SnapKit – SnapKit is a DSL to make Auto Layout easy on both iOS and OS X.
- Spring – A library to simplify iOS animations. It helps you create animations both in code or directly in Storyboard
- CoreStore – CoreStore was (and is) heavily shaped by the real-world needs of developing data-dependent apps. It enforces safe and convenient Core Data usage while letting you take advantage of the industry’s encouraged best practices.
- Pastel – The library can create gradient animation effects like Instagram.
- TweenKit – TweenKit is a powerful animation library that allows you to animate (or ‘tween’) anything. TweenKit’s animations are also scrubbable, perfect for building awesome onboarding experiences!
- YoutubeKit – YoutubeKit is a video player that fully supports Youtube IFrame API and YoutubeDataAPI for easily creating a Youtube app.
- AwesomeCache – Delightful on-disk cache (written in Swift). Backed by NSCache for maximum performance and support for the expiry of single objects.
- Charts – Beautiful charts for iOS/tvOS/OSX! The Apple side of the cross-platform MPAndroidChart.
- SQLite.swift – A type-safe, Swift-language layer over SQLite3.
- netfox – A lightweight, one-line setup, iOS / OSX network debugging library!
- Xniffer – Xniffer is a non-intrusive framework for intercepting outgoing requests and their responses between your app and any external service for debugging and performance monitoring purposes.
- FileKit – FileKit is a Swift framework that allows for simple and expressive file management.
- CocoaLumberjack – A fast & simple, yet powerful & flexible logging framework for Mac and iOS.
- CleanroomLogger – CleanroomLogger provides an extensible Swift-based logging API that is simple, lightweight, and performant.
- Mapbox GL Native – A C++ library that powers customizable vector maps in native applications on multiple platforms by taking stylesheets that conform to the Mapbox Style Specification, applying them to vector tiles that conform to the Mapbox Vector Tile Specification, and rendering them using OpenGL or Metal.
- Euler – Euler uses custom operators in the “Math Symbols” character set to implement functions using traditional mathematical notation.
- MessageKit – It is a community-driven replacement for JSQMessagesViewController, which can be used to develop a chat and message apps.
- Chatto – Chatto is a Swift lightweight framework to build chat applications. It’s been designed to be extensible and performant.