Django is an open-source web framework used to rapidly develop web applications. With Django, developers are able to quickly and reliably create web applications using Python. It is popular amongst developers during prototyping and production due to its robustness, ability to scale, and many core features.
Using Django helps many developers avoid common security mistakes like clickjacking, cross-site request forgery, cross-site scripting, and SQL injection. It comes with a user authentication system that offers a safe method of managing user accounts and passwords.
While mastering Django is not easy, with the right resources, developers can learn how to use Django quickly, and gain the skills they need to build amazing web applications. In this article, we will look at the best resources available to learn Django online.
Tutorials and Courses
Below are the best tutorials and courses to learn Django:
- Python and Django Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp – In this course, you will know how to build a website using Django, Python, and other web technologies. Whether you want to enhance your current skills, become a consultant, start your own business, or simply want to learn everything about Django, this course is perfect for you. From Django basics to Django Admin Customization, you will leverage your skills.
- simpleisbetterthancomplex – At Simple is Better Than Complex, you can learn the basics of Python and Django programming as well as more advanced concepts. Start with the basics, such as getting set up with Python and Django, and then move on to fundamentals, like creating and manipulating variables, lists, and dictionaries. Further, explore authentication, the Django ORM, class-based views, and deployment. With this step-by-step guide, you can quickly become a proficient programmer.
- Django Girls Tutorial – With the help of this tutorial, you will become more familiar with the fundamentals of Django and best practices on how to make the web work. This tutorial will show you that programming is not complicated as us seems. After you have finished this tutorial, you can start working on your web app or even your own blogs.
- Introducing Tango with Django – This beginner’s guide will introduce you to web development using Django. It will provide you with a hands-on guide on how to design and build web applications. This guide is designed to help you quickly learn by example. You will discover the key aspects of the Django framework through Rango development, which is a simple web app.
- Django at a Glance – This guide will help you learn how to write database-driven web applications with the use of Django. You will discover how to design your model, install it, build an admin interface, and so much more.
- Introduction to Django by overiq.com – The tutorial contains easy-to-understand information on the introduction to Django. It includes information on Django 1.10 and 1.11. For Django 1.11, however, a basic understanding of Python is required. Its programmers have covered the topics in great depth.
- A Beginner’s Tutorial to Django by Vitor Freitas – This guide has seven divided parts. It explores all the basic concepts in great detail which includes installation, preparation of the development environment, models, views, templates, URLs, migration, testing, and deployment. The presentations are simple in design and easy to understand.
- Online Version of ‘Mastering Django: Core’ – This tutorial at djangobook.com provides an excellent introduction to Django. It is also a good resource for a step-by-step guide to building a Django web app. It also includes references to the official documentation. It contains a mix of Django 1.8 and 1.11 code while the book for Django 2 is in its draft stage.
- YouTube Video Tutorial for Web Development using Django and Python by sentdex – This is a tutorial series of 12 videos packed with all the vital information you need. It may however not be suitable for beginners. The topics include App creation, template, bootstrap, passing variables, blog creation, blog view, migration, admin page, creating dynamic URLs, publishing to a web server, and utilizing SSL for HTTPS with nginx.
- Django Tutorials – This tutorial contains a 13 videos series on how to build a full-featured Django application from scratch. The topics include getting started with Django, application and routes, templates, Admin page, creating a database, user registration, uploading pictures, password reset and deployment. The videos are simple and contain tons of useful information.