HTML5 is the latest version of Hypertext Markup Language, the code that describes web pages. HTML5 can do lots of things on web without relying on web plugins, it can render animation, music, movies, and complicated web apps that run in your browser.
Tutorials and Courses
If you are interested to learn more about HTML5, below are the best tutorials and courses you can consider:
- Build Responsive Real World Website with HTML5 and CSS3 – In this course, you will learn essential skills in building professional and responsive websites. You will discover the necessary steps for creating fully functional websites. Besides, you will also learn jQuery effects like sticky navigation, scroll effects, and animations.
- Modern HTML & CSS From The Beginning – If you take advantage of this course, you will learn how to build multiple quality and UI projects. This course is designed for both seasoned and novice developers who want to create utility and layout classes. You will also get more familiar with modern HTML5 and CSS technologies like CSS Grid, Flexbox, and Sass pre-compiler.
- 30 Days to Learn HTML & CSS – This full course will teach you how to build your first webpage, use the proper code editor, and create a clean project structure. Not only that, but this course will also introduce you to the basics of typography, relative and absolute positioning, and website fragment creation. On the last day, you can then complete your website.
- Learn HTML & CSS Correctly – This is a free course where concepts are explained clearly. You will learn the fundamentals, how to create screencast videos, and build professional websites. Tools, references, and cheat sheets are also included. There are a total of 72 lessons.
- Introduction to HTML 5 – This course is carefully designed to help beginners who want to gain knowledge and confidence about HTML5. It will help you deeply understand how a page is created. After completing this course, it’s a lot easier for you to build your own webpage.
- HTML Standard – If you want to know every bit of HTML5, this page is a must read.
- Picture-in-Picture (PiP) – This feature allows users to watch videos in a floating window (always on top of other windows) so they can keep an eye on what they’re watching while interacting with other sites, or applications.
- Intro to the HTML5 Speech Synthesis API – We will learn how HTML5 Speech Synthesis works by creating a simple form as a toy example that will allow us to select a voice from the list of available voices for speech synthesis
- Web speech API demo – The Web Speech API provides two distinct areas of functionality — speech recognition, and speech synthesis (also known as text to speech, or tts).
- Dive Into HTML5 – Dive Into HTML5 seeks to elaborate on a hand-picked Selection of features from the HTML5 specification and other fine Standards.
- HTML5: Up and Running – If you don’t know about the new features available in HTML5, now’s the time to find out. The latest version of this markup language is going to significantly change the way you develop web applications, and this book provides your first real look at HTML5’s new elements and attributes.
- Using the HTML5 Filesystem API – Become familiar with HTML5’s storage use cases and security considerations.
- HTML5 Game Development Insights – The 24 chapters here include unique, cutting edge, and essential techniques for creating and optimizing modern HTML5 games.
- Web Design Playground: HTML & CSS The Interactive Way – Web Design Playground takes you step by step from writing your first line of HTML to creating interesting and attractive web pages.
HTML5 Game Engines
- Pixi.js – The aim of this project is to provide a fast lightweight 2D library that works across all devices
- Phaser – Phaser is a free open source 2D game framework for making HTML5 games for desktop and mobile.
- kiwi.js – Kiwi.js is the world’s easiest to use Open Source HTML5 game framework for making both mobile and desktop HTML5 browser games.
Most HTML5 templates involve CSS frameworks, so you can find the top HTML5 template in their CSS framework pages like Bootstrap.
- BeTheme – This is the most complete, comprehensive and flexible HTML website template, for any business or personal website. With more than 450 pre-made, ready to use layouts, this is the perfect HTML solution for a huge variety of markets and business types.