It is not possible for a player to complete a game in one play section because games are getting longer and longer or offer repetitive gameplay features. In these games, we need to allow players to save and load their game
The following are the best assets that make Save & Load feature easier for games made in Unity:
This asset is a complete solution to game saving and loading.
Save or Load can be done easily with a method
ES3.Save("currentHP", 100); currentHP = ES3.Load("currentHP", defaultValue);
Easy Save offers an Auto-Save feature which allows you to save supported Components on a GameObject and prefab instances. It also supports AES encryption with a 128-bit key, which can be enabled in the default settings or by using an ES3Settings object as a parameter.
Databox is a simple yet powerful data editor which allows you to manage and save all your data in one place. You can use this package for your game data, save games, game configurations, profiles, and localization.
- Intuitive data editor – Manage all your data in one place
- Scriptable object workflow
- Runtime editor – Edit your data directly in your builds
- Read and save data at runtime
- Load and Save asynchronously
- Supports all common Unity types + custom classes
- Import from a GOOGLE spreadsheet or local CSV file
- Cloud sync – sync data to your MySQL web server
- XOR Encryption
- Static keys generator for accessing tables, entries, and values (instead of strings)
- Demo scenes included
- PlayMaker support
- FlowReactor support
- Powered by FullSerializer and OdinSerializer
BG Database is a pure C# InMemory database for your game data. It supports different data types format for export and import, including Excel / OpenOffice / LibreOffice and Google Sheets. It supports 2 popular visual scripting integration, Playmaker and Bolt.
Bayat – Save System
Bayat is an ultimate data management, multi-purpose storage, and save system for the Unity game engine. It has a unified API for accessing storage, serialization, and encryption services.
SaveMe Pro 2
This is a powerful saving asset that allows you to save multiple scenes in one file. You can save runtime instantiated objects, custom values, and even objects that are already in the scene but you moved at runtime.
The only con of this asset is its limited supported platform. It works for desktop and WebGl games only.