Automation technology has rapidly become an integral part of our lives. From basic everyday tasks like setting an oven’s timer to complex operations like the control of an entire factory, automation technology has revolutionized how we go about our day-to-day activities.
Automation technology is a powerful tool that can help businesses and organizations streamline their operations. It encompasses all processes and work equipment that enable plants and systems to run automatically. This technology can be used to reduce labor costs, increase efficiency, and improve safety.
Automation can also help reduce human error, improve accuracy, and increase productivity. Automation technology can be used in a variety of industries, from manufacturing to healthcare, to help businesses and organizations achieve their desired outcomes.
This article will discuss several interesting facts about automation technology and its impact on our lives.
- Automation has been around since ancient times. The term automation was derived from the Greek word “automaton”, which means “acting of one’s own will”. This concept was first used by Homer in his writings. In Hellenistic Greece, complex mechanical devices were developed, such as the Antikythera mechanism, which is the oldest known analog computer. This device was used to calculate astronomical positions and eclipses for calendar and astrological purposes.
- By 2030, up to 25% of jobs in the United States may be displaced by automation. This means that at least 1 in 4 people employed in the US could potentially be impacted by the advances of automation, with some jobs being completely replaced and others changing significantly.
- “The Golden Age of Automata” refers to the period from 1860 to 1910. During this time, many small family-run businesses in Paris specialized in creating automata, which are mechanical devices that can move and perform certain tasks. These automata were incredibly rare and expensive, and they remain highly sought-after by collectors from all over the world.
- Detroit automation is a form of automation that involves moving parts of a process from one machine to another and making automatic adjustments to the tool positioning to shape and assemble components. As an example, a process may begin with a block of wood and end with a finished wooden doll as the output of the final machine.
- Many individuals are concerned that automation might take away their jobs. Approximately 37% of the population is anxious about the potential for machines to do the work that they currently do (PwC).
- About 70% of employees think that automation will provide them with the chance to get better, more specialized positions (source).
- The global medical robotics market size is projected to reach $35.2 billion by the end of 2030, according to a report published by Market Research Future (MRFR). The market is expected to register a CAGR of 21.3%. The surging demand for medical robots in various healthcare settings, such as hospitals, clinics, and research laboratories, is expected to drive the growth of the market.
- According to a survey conducted by Willis Towers Watson, a large majority of employers (57%) are interested in utilizing automation to enhance the performance and productivity of their human employees. They believe that automation can help to streamline processes, reduce costs, and make employees more efficient.
- 24% percent of employers surveyed by Willis Towers Watson indicated that they would choose to automate certain jobs to reduce the company’s operating costs.
- The global chatbot market is expected to reach a value of $1.34 billion by 2024, according to Global Market Insights. This growth is being driven by the increasing adoption of these automated digital assistants in customer service, marketing, and other areas.
Automation technology has revolutionized the way we go about our daily lives, from increasing production speeds and reducing material waste to providing more