The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was a colossal failure for the company last year, leading to a recall of the product due to reports of the device catching fire. Since then, many people have been eagerly awaiting Samsung’s next flagship device, the Galaxy Note 8, to see how the company has addressed the issues that caused the Note 7 to fail.
If you’re looking for the best cases and covers to protect your Samsung Galaxy Note 8, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll cover the best cases and covers available for your device, from slim and stylish designs to rugged and protective options
Galaxy Note 8 Specs
|Processor||Samsung Exynos 8895 (global) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (US)|
|Storage||64GB (US) / 128GB / 256GB + microSD|
|Display||6.3-inch SuperAMOLED with Infinity Display and minimal bezels (Dimension: 162.5mm x 74.6mm x 8.5mm)|
|Rear Cameras||Dual 12MP with OIS, and 3x Optical Zoom|
|Colors||Midnight Black, Deepsea Blue, Orchid Gray, Maple Gold|
- Wireless charging and quick charging via USB Type-C
- S Pen
- Iris scanner
- Wireless charging
- Rear fingerprint scanner
- DeX support
- IP68 water and dust certification
- NFC and MST for Samsung Pay
- USB Type-C
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3D Touch (home button only)
- Always-on display
- Bluetooth 5.0
- LTE Cat. 16
- Samsung Experience 8.5. This is UI that Samsung has been working on. It is an integral part of the company’s take on Android 7.1 Nougat.
- Security. Biometric security features are gaining popularity in the latest smartphones as many of them come equipped with a fingerprint scanner. In addition to the fingerprint scanner, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 packs an extravagant iris scanner and face recognization for improved protection of data.
- Display. The 6.3-inch phablet-sized screen has a mesmerizing display of 1440 x 2960 resolution. Samsung’s AMOLED display is already remarkable, but it has decided to bring its High Dynamic Range technology from its TVs to its smartphones, providing an ostentatious display to the viewers
- Design. The phone has a larger display in a body that feels slimmer in hand but still provides a good grip due to its curved design. The Note 7 features curved screen edges with an Infinity Display that enhances the beauty of the device.
- S Pen. Samsung has reintroduced its S Pen with the Galaxy Note 8, and it is better than ever. It has doubled the sensitivity of the S Pen, and it is brimming with features. The S Pen is waterproof along with the body and can record notes without switching on the screen.
- High Performance. The performance of this phone is better than many other phones available in the market. It boasts the latest processor, Samsung Exynos 8895 (global) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (US), and 6 GB RAM.
- Battery Life. The battery is downsized to 3300mAH, which is not enough for a smartphone as big as Note 8.
- Awkward fingerprint sensor position. It is put on the right side of the main camera, which is in a high position for a natural finger touch.
5 Best Galaxy Note 8 Cases and Covers
With these cases, the condition of your Samsung Note 8 will stay in a perfect state for a long period of time. They are the safest cases of them all and therefore the best.
Chances are low that you will find a better case for Note 8 than this one here. It comes with an automatic sleep/wake feature which will activate or put to sleep a device each time you open or close the case. It is made from high-quality PU leather and features a new flip stand. This case looks modern and highly desirable. A lifetime warranty is a great addition as well.
Trident Case Aegis Series (Black)
Here is the case which meets the latest MIL-STD-810F, military standards It offers superb vibration and drop protection, but also keeps dust and water away from your device. All ports are protected by gel plugs, so a device will stay in perfect condition as long as you use the case. Inside is a special lining that has been used for vibration protection.
OtterBox Defender Series Case – Black
This is one of the most robust cases for the Samsung Note 8 and one of the safest when it comes to protection. It is thick, well-made, and durable. In addition, screen protection is provided as well, alongside a media-viewing stand. 3-layer protection must be mentioned as well.
Thanks to magnetic closure, auto wake/sleep feature, and a high quality, this case is just right. It fits perfectly and offers all-around protection against drops, vibrations, scratches and etc. It is lightweight as well, meaning that you will enjoy using it and it won’t increase the weight of your device.
It is available in different colors, it offers superb protection and it looks modern. This case is highly desirable nowadays. A lifetime warranty is one of the most impressive advantages, but we should add multi-layer protection and a screenless design. They make the entire case look more interesting and sophisticated.