Creating attractive and informative flip effects on websites is now easier than ever with the help of jQuery flip effect plugins and CSS. Flip effects are becoming increasingly popular, as they add a layer of interactivity and fun to web pages. When clicking on an image, a visible front containing the image flips to reveal a hidden back with extra information related to the image. These animated effects can be used on images or any DOM elements. Developers need to create two containers to enable flips: one contains the image, and the other contains the extra information.
The list of the best 6 jQuery Plugins to create Flip effects is provided below.
- flipLightBox: flipLightBox is a plugin designed to create flip effects with ease. It is responsive and user-friendly, so you don’t need to use an additional library, script, or stylesheets. The plugin is especially useful for creating an eye-catching animation when you open or close an image. It gives you the option to add a flip effect to your images, making them stand out from the rest.
- FlipClock.js: It used CSS3 that animates a clock-like flip effect. This FlipClock.js can be used as a mechanical timer, clock, scoreboard, or countdown. It offers an extensible API to create any kind of customized clock or counterface. FlipClock.js also supports theming using CSS3.
- flipGallery: flipGallery is an interactive image gallery that provides a smooth transition between thumbnails and lightbox images. It is easy to install and customize and includes features like transparent image overlays, dynamic image streaming, and auto-cropping. Furthermore, users can edit settings such as speed, layout, and coordination to personalize the flipGallery experience.
- Flip: Flip is a mobile jQuery plugin that helps create a flipboard app-like effect on WebKit browsers such as Chrome, iOS mobile Safari, and Firefox. It uses CSS 3D transform and transition properties to display two sides of an element. By flipping the element, the front, and back properties are revealed.
- flipCountDown: flipCountdown is used to develop a mechanical flip effect timer for the countdown. The flip countdown effect is used to display the remaining time or day left. It is similar to the FlipClock.js however it is used for countdowns only. The flipCountDown Jquery plugin can be set to display weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Wodry: Wodry is a plugin that provides a unique way to animate text. It allows you to rotate or flip text, choose from a variety of animations, and even create custom callbacks for when the content flips. This plugin is a great way to add some extra flair to your text content.