Joomla is free and allows publishing web content in a friendly and straightforward manner. It is based on PHP and features regular updates. Overall, the system is ideal for e-commerce and social networking websites, but it is also suitable for blogging and other similar applications.
Table of Contents
Tutorials and Courses
- Create A Successful Multivendor Website Like Amazon – Just under five hours of videos and a bunch of downloadable sources are more than enough to create a marketplace website – be it for a local community, a school, or an international store. You can integrate social media as well, come up with a revenue-sharing module for vendors and add unlimited products.
- Joomla Documentation – This section is an online collaborative community manual for Joomla! users, developers or anyone interested in learning more about Joomla! Currently, it has over 9000 articles written, maintained, and translated by the Joomla! community members.
- Learning Joomla! 3 Extension Development – Assuming that you have a bit of experience with Joomla, this course will teach you how to build components to deal with custom data, cover the finishing touches, implement ACL and functionality, or build a basic module. It is suitable for those who want to learn extensions for deeper customization.
- Joomla 3 Beginner – The class is relatively short – just three hours and a certificate of completion. However, there is no nonsense in it. By the end of it, you will be familiar with the full functionality of Joomla 3, but also able to come up with your own website. Once you have these, imagination and creativity are the only things you will need.
- Joomla For Beginners – This course is a bestseller and teaches you how to install Joomla, understand its concept, administrator and public views, the control panel, global configurations and so on. You will learn about extensions, and how to install or remove them. Categories, hyperlinks, articles, and meta data are also covered in the 3.5 hour class.
- Joomla For Beginners – Learn How To Build A Website With CMS – The course is suitable for those who want to create fully functional websites with no coding experience at all. You will familiarize yourself with the Joomla environment, discover its features, improve its performance, and come up with a successful website – 3.5 hours of videos and a well detailed article.
- JCE – JCE is one of the most popular and most useful Joomla extensions ever. It adds a set of tools to your Joomla!® environment that gives you the power to create the kind of content you want, without limitations, and without needing to know or learn HTML, XHTML, CSS…
- Akeeba Backup – This is an extension which is around since 2006 with millions of downloads. You can create a full site backup with a single click. The archive includes your database, files and the restoration script.
- Admin Tools – This extension is an all-in-one admin solution for your Joomla website. It can perform maintenance tasks, protection against hackers, optimize your site.
- Breeze – Breeze is a free speedy and lightweight Joomla template.