Symfony is an open-source PHP web application framework with a set of reusable PHP components. The framework is designed for developers who need a simple base to create full-featured web applications.
Below are the best CMS which use Symphony components:
- Drupal – Drupal is a very popular content management that powers innumerable websites. It offers cutting-edge new features, reaching new digital channels while strengthening its foundation in content management with every new major version. Developers can use this CMS to build personal blogs, social networking websites, or any other enterprise web app.
- Joomla – Joomla’s first version was released in 2005 and it continues to involve an award-winning content management system, which enables you to build websites and powerful online applications.
- Ez Platform – The CMS has been on the market since 1999. At one point eZ Platform drops all the legacy code from the software and completed the transition to a completely new code base built on the Symfony Full Stack Framework. Combining with the commercial product, eZ Platform Enterprise Edition focuses on helping business owners create content-rich websites and web applications.
- Grav – Grav is a very flexible and simple flat-file content management system. It is a good choice for CMS thanks to the easy-to-use interface and its admin plugin. The admin plugin provides a simple and intuitive interface to make configuration and content creation easy and enjoyable.
- Bolt – Bolt, built upon Silex with Symfony components is an open-source CMS that is quick to set up, and easy to configure. It uses Twig for its templates, an elegant, flexible, and concise templating language.
- TYPO3 – TYPO3 CMS is an Open Source Enterprise Content Management System with a large global community, backed by the approximately 900 members of the TYPO3 Association. It can be used to develop websites, intranets, and online applications for both small sites and multinational corporations.
- Pagekit – This is a modular and lightweight CMS built with Symfony components and Vue.js.
- Contao – Contao allows you to create professional websites and scalable web applications. It implements high development standards, promises regular updates, fast and reliable fixes, and supports SEO, GDPR, modern admin interface, Varnish and other HTTP caches, and localization out of the box.
- Sylius – Sylius is an open-source eCommerce platform built on top of Symfony. The highest quality of code, strong testing culture, built-in Agile (BDD) workflow, and exceptional flexibility make it the best solution for applications tailored to your business requirements. Powerful REST API allows for easy integrations and creates a unique customer experience on any device.
- Roadiz – Roadiz is a modern CMS based on a node system that can handle many types of services. Based on Symfony components and Doctrine ORM, it allows you to create your data schema from scratch and organize your content as you want.