Symfony is an open-source PHP framework that provides developers with a wide range of features to create web applications. Symfony bundles are packages of code that are designed to extend the functionality of Symfony. These bundles provide developers with tools such as forms, authentication, and other features. With the help of these bundles, developers can quickly and easily create powerful web applications. In this article, we will take a look at the top 15+ Symfony Bundles available, their features, and how they can help developers create amazing web applications.
Here are the most useful bundles:
- FOSUserBundle: provides user management to handle common tasks such as user registration, login, and password retrieval. User information can be stored via Doctrine ORM or MongoDB/CouchDB ODM.
- AdminThemeBundle: this is an admin theme based on the famous AdminLTE template.
- EasyAdminBundle: creates administration backends for your Symfony applications with unprecedented simplicity.
- FOSRestBundle: provides various tools to rapidly develop RESTful API with Symfony. It features a view layer to enable output and format agnostic Controllers, a custom route loader to generate URLs following REST conventions, header format negotiation including handling for custom mime types, RESTful decoding of HTTP request body and Accept headers, and an exception controller for sending appropriate HTTP status codes.
- KnpMenuBundle: integrates the KnpMenu PHP library with Symfony.
- JMSSerializerBundle: integrates the serializer library into Symfony. It supports XML, JSON, and YAML.
- LiipImagineBundle: provides an image manipulation abstraction toolkit, including filters like thumbnail, scale, crop, flip, strip, watermark, and post-processors.
- KnpPaginatorBundle: A SEO-friendly Symfony paginator to paginate everything.
- FOSElasticaBundle: provides integration with Elasticsearch and Elastica with Symfony.
- HWIOAuthBundle: OAuth1.0a and OAuth2 client integration.
- VichUploaderBundle: supports file uploads with ORM entities and ODM documents. It can automatically name and save a file to a configured directory, inject the file back into the entity or document, delete the file, and generate public URLs to the file.
- KnpSnappyBundle: generate PDF files and images from HTML using WebKit.
- DoctrineFixturesBundle: integrates the Doctrine2 Data Fixtures library into Symfony so that the user can load data fixtures programmatically into the Doctrine ORM or ODM.
- MopaBootstrapBundle: a collection of code to integrate Twitter’s bootstrap theme.
- AvalancheImagineBundle: image manipulation using Imagine and Twig Filters.
- IvoryCKEditorBundle : provides a CKEditor integration. It automatically registers the new CKEditor form type.