Nintendo 3DS is a handheld gaming console developed and manufactured by Nintendo. It was first released in 2011 and has since then been a popular choice for gamers all around the world. The console is known for its unique 3D display technology that doesn’t require any special glasses. While the Nintendo 3DS is already an interesting device, there are still some fascinating facts about it that you might not know.
- Nintendo 3DS is that it was not the first handheld console to feature 3D display technology. Prior to its release, the Sharp Corporation had already released a similar device in Japan. However, the Nintendo 3DS was the first handheld console with 3D display technology to be released worldwide.
- Nintendo 3DS has a unique feature called StreetPass. This feature allows users to exchange game data with other 3DS users in close proximity, even when the console is in sleep mode. StreetPass has been used in various games to provide additional content and features and has even been used in events and conventions to allow users to interact with each other.
- SpotPass is a feature found on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U that allows for constant online connectivity. It works by automatically searching for and connecting to wireless networks, like Wi-Fi hotspots, in the background. This allows for the system to send and receive information even when it’s in sleep mode, or when you’re playing a game or using an app. It’s similar to the WiiConnect24 feature found on the Wii.
- Did you know that the Nintendo 3DS has a built-in pedometer? This feature tracks the user’s steps and rewards them with in-game currency and bonuses. It was introduced as part of the console’s focus on promoting a healthy lifestyle and encouraging physical activity.
- The Nintendo 3DS was first released in Japan with a selection of 8 games, while North America saw a launch with 12 games and Europe with 14 games. With a variety of games available at launch, players can choose from a range of genres including action, adventure, puzzle, and more.
- The Nintendo 3DS was initially released with an attractive offer for consumers. People who purchased the device at its original launch price were given access to 10 free NES games and 10 free Game Boy Advance games through the Nintendo eShop.
- The 3DS has a fun and interesting feature that many people may not be aware of. If you have the latest model and go to the browser menu, you can access a hidden version of Breakout. All you need to do is tap out the first six notes of the Super Mario Bros theme and the screen will take you to the game. In this version, you can destroy the URL of the last website you visited by breaking all the bricks. It’s a great way to have some fun while also clearing out your browsing history.
- According to Target, the Nintendo 3DS XL was one of the most popular items sold during the Black Friday shopping event in 2013.
- In June 2019, Nintendo made an announcement that they would no longer be creating any new games for their 3DS console. However, they assured users that the system would still receive support for the time being. This means that while there won’t be any new games released by Nintendo for the 3DS, existing games will still be playable and updates or bug fixes for those games may still be released occasionally. Despite the end of new game development, the 3DS remains a viable option for gaming enthusiasts.