Polacode is an extension of Visual Studio Code, which can take screenshots of our code, and in style. The extension generates a screenshot with the same style and theme as its source code.
Like other extensions, you can install Polacode from Extension Marketplace.
Why use Polacode instead of taking a screenshot?
- It generates image of decent quality.
- It uses the same style and theme as our codes.
- It hides errors, warnings, and any unnecessary texts.
How to use Polacode
- Open the file of which source code you want to take a screenshot of.
- Highlight the part you want to take a screenshot of
- Go to
View > Command Palettethen type
polacodeand select its respective option.
- There will be separated window with “Polacode” as title. Paste the highlighted code in this window.
- Click on the camera-like icon to take a screenshot.