Modern technology isn’t only about development but also competition. Take a look at the emerging devices you can use without an Ethernet cable. Here – we’re given two options: the WiFi extenders and powerline adapters. But, which between these two is the best for you?
You might hear that WiFi adapters are the best or others would argue that powerline adapters are much better. Well, let’s first take a look between the two for you to have an idea which of these technologies is the best.
The Difference: Powerline Adapters and WiFi Extenders
You might admit that your day wouldn’t be complete if you don’t use the internet. What if you need to use the internet badly, but you can’t use Ethernet cable?
The solutions are the WiFi extenders and the powerline adapters! Both these technologies have the same goal – to provide a reliable internet connection in long distance. But, what’s the difference between the two?
Imagine a small power hub that you can place between your computer and your router. The WiFi extender reflects the device you’re thinking. Its purpose is to collect a signal that comes from your router and extend the signal in long distance.
To use a powerline adapter, you need to use two outlets that are connected in your home. Powerline adapters could be connected wired or wirelessly on a router. The adapter sends the signal through the wiring of the home. From here, the signal would travel outside of your residence through a wide distance.
Which Is the Best – WiFi Extender or WIFI Extender?
It’s very annoying if you have low internet signal in your home and you have to finish reports right away. Don’t worry because you can use a powerline adapter and a WiFi extender to get a high signal. Most PC owners would choose the technology that has great features than the other. Some users might favor the technology that their family or neighbor uses.
If you haven’t decided yet the item you want to buy here are interesting information about WiFi extenders and powerline adapters:
- WiFi extenders can extend the WiFi signal successfully in your home.
- The signal comes from a single location.
- Since the internet signal only comes in a single direction, it adds to the network’s latency and lowers the internet speeds.
- Wall, ceilings, and furniture inside the house could affect the strong signal.
- In using powerline adapters, the signal that comes from your router is carried to your computer directly.
- Powerline adapters are superior to WiFi extenders regarding the latency of the signal. The internet speed you would get depends on the electric quality of your home. So, if the electrical wiring is excellent, you can gain a good internet signal.
- The WiFi signal in your computer is for use only, and other people in your home or office couldn’t use it.
Homeowners with good quality electrical wiring can use powerline adapters as it’s close to the Ethernet cable. You also achieve easy access to using the internet when you use an adapter.
A good tip would be to buy a powerline adapter, and then you use a WiFi extender if you’re having trouble with the internet speeds. Since the signal travel through the electric wiring, you’re sure that no person’s inside the house gains access to the connection. You wouldn’t also experience any interference as you use your computer.
The fast speeds are enough reason for you to use the powerline adapters. But, you might still use a WiFi extender if you’re comfortable with it. After all, it still depends on your preference, comfort, and satisfaction which technology you’re going to use.