TikTok is the fastest-growing social media platform in the world. It allows users to create short videos with filters, music, and some other features. There are many WordPress webmasters who love to embed funny or interesting videos in their blogs. Following are some methods to embed TikTok videos:
Use Embed Block
Note: WordPress has supported TikTok embed.
You just need to search for the “Embed” block and add it to the post or page. Once you have added the “Embed” block, paste the TikTok video link you copied earlier into the block. WordPress will automatically recognize the TikTok video link and display the video preview in the editor.
Use TikTok Video Embed Plugin
If you prefer a plugin to simplify the process, you can use the TikTok Video Embed plugin. Here is how to use the plugin:
- Install and Activate TikTok Video Embed Plugin: To use the TikTok Video Embed plugin, you first need to install and activate it. You can do this by going to your WordPress dashboard, selecting “Plugins” and then clicking on “Add New.” Search for “TikTok Video Embed” and click on “Install Now” to install the plugin. Once the plugin is installed, click on “Activate” to activate it.
- Add TikTok Video to Your Post or Page: After activating the plugin, create a new post or page where you want to embed the TikTok video. In the post or page editor, click on the “+” icon to add a new block. Search for the “TikTok” block and add it to the post or page.
- Once you have added the “TikTok” block, paste the TikTok video link you copied earlier into the block. The plugin will automatically generate the TikTok video embed code and display the video preview in the editor.
Use TikTok Embed Code
This method is for an old version of WordPress that didn’t support TikTok video embeds like other platforms such as Youtube or Vimeo yet.
WordPress will show this error if you try to paste the TikTok video link to its editor.
In order to embed TikTok videos we have to use the embed code provided by the social network.
Steps to get the embed code:
- Access a video using your web browser.
- Click on the embed icon at the bottom right of the video frame.
- Copy the code.
- In the WordPress editor, add a Custom Html block and paste the code.