If you’ve ever had to format or beautify HTML code, then you know that it can be a real pain. Especially if you’re working with a large chunk of code. Well, have no fear! There is now an online HTML formatter and beautifier that will make your job a lot easier.
Just paste your code into the text area on the website and click the “Format” button. The website will take care of all of the formatting for you. Plus, it will also beautify your code so that it looks nice and neat.
Online HTML Formatter & Beautifier
This is a free online tool to format ugly HTML code, making it readable and pretty, with the proper indentation.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve wasted hours of my life trying to get my HTML code to look just right. It’s always a pain when I need to copy and paste it into other applications because the spacing is never perfect. That’s why I’m creating this new HTML formatting tool. It makes sure all of the spacing is correct in my use case, which will be a huge time-saver! Plus, it can be really helpful if you need to use your code in a presentation or report.
Why We Should Keep the Format of HTML Documents Tidy
In today’s world, HTML is the most common language for web content. Empowering users to control their own experiences with a website or application, provides the instructions for how webpages are displayed and how interactivity should work on them.
- If you have a lot of code in your HTML, it can become difficult to read and understand. The HTML tags will disrupt the natural flow of reading the code. It looks bad on a webpage too.
- If you have a lot of external (JS/CSS) files that are called in your HTML, the browser has to download all these files regardless if they are referenced or not and it will make your page appear slower.
- If you need to change the HTML structure and have a lot of external files, it can be difficult to manage. They will not pick up any changes when you update the file.
- The only reason for all of this is performance. If your page has a lot of HTML code in it, it’s generally going to perform slower than if you were to use less HTML and more CSS.
- If you have a lot of external files, they can clutter the HTML file as well. Improperly formatted JS or CSS can be difficult to read and can cause errors if not properly written.
- You may want to build upon your existing HTML code base for future projects. By keeping things tidy and organized, you can be confident that it will be easier to make sweeping changes or additions.
- In general, HTML is hard to read and understand by the human brain. Simple formatting makes your code much more readable freeing up your time for other important tasks.