Many developers who fall in love with Flutter might ask a question about the capability of Flutter in game development sometimes. The good news is that there are libraries that have been developed to allow game creation in Flutter. The most active game engine currently is Flame.
- You can learn more about games made with Flame and Flutter in general on GamesInFlutter.com.
Table of Contents
Flame is a minimalistic open-source 2D game engine for Flutter. If you know Dart and Flutter, you can jump into making games with Flame right away.
The engine provides a complete set of out-of-the-way solutions for the common problems making a game in Flutter.
The latest version features:
- a game loop
- a component/object system
- bundles a physics engine (box2d)
- audio support
- effects and particles
- gesture and input support
- images, sprites, and sprite sheets
- basic Rive support
- and a few other utilities to make development easier
Bonfire helps build RPG games and is similar to the power of Flame Engine. This tool was built over Flame Engine and all its resources and classes are available to be used along with Bonfire.
- Documentation – Official docs for Flame.
- Craig Oda channel – A Youtube channel published by Craig Oda about making games with Flame.
There are many games that I’ve been made in Flutter already. They are mostly in genres that don’t require too many activities of graphics and physics on screen such as quizzes and math. With the help of game engines like Flame, the genre becomes broader.
Here are some games I found: