Youtube Thumbnail Grabber is a free tool to get Youtube thumbnail. Just enter the Youtube video url to get the Youtube video’s thumbnail URLs ready for download!
Get Youtube Thumbnail
Ones can retrieve a Youtube video’s thumbnails without the help of any tools. What they need to do is to get Youtube video Id then replace them in URL like
https://img.youtube.com/vi/YOUTUBE-VIDEO-ID/maxres2.jpg. However, it is repetitive and very difficult for a newbie to find out all of the available thumbnails. Youtube Thumbnail Grabber helps you carry out this task effortlessly.
How to use Youtube Thumbnail Grabber
- Copy the Youtube video URL in your web browser ‘s address bar
- Paste it in the input box above.
- Click on “Get Thumbnail” Button and it’s done.
Other Methods to Get YouTube Thumbnail Image
It is a bit complicated to get the YouTube thumbnail image but this is definitely something you can do all by yourself. There are several different methods and you can choose the one you like. All of them have been tested and they work.
Method 1: Using ID from a video
This method is commonly used and for most of you, it is going to be the simplest one. To obtain the thumbnails follow the steps mentioned below.
- Copy the ID code. It is 11 characters long code in the URL of a video, something like 7bURTEFVpiT.
- Copy these two URLs to a browser or a text file: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ID/hqdefault.jpg
- Replace the ID with the code you copied from the URL of a video and load them into your browser.
The first code which contains hqdefault.jpg represents the standard thumbnail size. All videos have it. maxresdefault.jpg represents the maximum image size, but not all videos have it. In that case, you will get a 404 error page.
Method 2: Checking the HTML with video source
This method is a bit confusing, but it also works well. Follow the steps.
- Open the YouTube video you want to get the thumbnail from.
- Right click on black area around the video and click view source or press CTRL and U.
- Press CTRL+F and type hqdefault.jpg.
- You will see a link as: https:\/\/i.ytimg.com\/vi\/7bURTEFVpiT \/hqdefault.jpg.
- Remove all forward facing slashes.
- Paste in the URL field and visit the link.
You can see the maxresdefault.jpg as well, just search for it instead for the first type we have explained.
This method used to work, but it doesn’t anymore. Actually, it may work in some cases but the odds are low. Anyway, we will need to know about it. The method involves checking out the OG image. This is the image that is used by social media when a person shares a video. In 99% cases that image is the thumbnail image so you can use it.
- Open a video.
- Right, click on blank space. View source.
- Press CTRL+F and type: og: image.
- You will see the term and the code.
- Copy and paste the code into a web browser.
- Press save as and save the file.
The final word
These were all the methods ever invented for obtaining the YouTube thumbnail image. They are a bit confusing but they work and they are very effective. Choose the one you like the most and download those thumbnails.