What’s the first thing you do when you get home from work or school? If the answer is “I head straight for my door,” then perhaps it’s time to rethink your strategy. After all, what if someone was waiting outside your front door with a weapon and wanted to rob you? Wouldn’t you want some warning before they entered your home? Or maybe your kids are at home alone while their babysitter naps on the sofa downstairs. They might think that no one is coming back until they hear a knock on the door – but what if an intruder had been watching them through your video doorbell for hours and decided today would be the day he’d take his chance at getting inside?
What to look for in a smart video doorbell?
There are a number of features to consider when choosing the best smart video doorbell for your home. Here are six key factors:
- Camera quality – The resolution, zoom capabilities and field of view will vary between models. Make sure you know what camera specs work with your internet connection so that videos can be streamed without buffering.
- Motion detection – Some models only start recording when motion is detected, while others are always watching and will record anything that moves in the field of view. If you want to deter intruders from your home, it’s a good idea to choose one with instant reaction capabilities.
- Push notification functionality- Receiving alerts on both your phone and computer can be very convenient for busy homeowners who don’t want to miss any important events happening at their house. This feature also comes in handy if there is an intruder trying to break into your house or another emergency situation occurs!
- Night vision – Whether you’re installing these cameras outside during the day or inside overnight so that everyone has 24/hour surveillance coverage, do not have to worried about an intruder disconnecting the wires, now you can get a wireless doorbell that will not be as likely to cause problems.
- Doorbell layouts – Determine if you want a wireless or wired doorbell that will be mounted next to your existing one on the outside of the house. If you’re looking for something discreet, it may be best not to mount anything at all and use an app instead.
- Home security system integration – Does your current home security system integrate with video doorbells? Integration can include live video footage from cameras as well as notifications when someone rings the bell or knocks on the front door.
5 best smart video doorbells
Google Nest Hello
The Nest Hello is a security camera that provides round the clock monitoring as well as features like night vision, noise cancellation, two-way communication and motion detection. The latest in prototype technology from Google’s security segment identifies changes in sound or movement to both alert all connected phones but also to send an alert message notifying homeowners of potential intruders and break ins.
The Google Nest Hello ensures your home is property monitored 24/7. This video doorbell monitors the front porch and offers 1600 x 1200 resolution at up to 30 fps for crisp, clear images that are sure to keep you reassured. You can also communicate with whoever is outside through two-way audio so they’re certain of who’s there.
Designed with night vision functionality, time lapse recording capabilities, and noise and echo cancellation, this video doorbell is perfect for any space in need of security and surveillance protection as well as an added peace of mind.
Ring Video Doorbell
When you make it to the door before your guests, greet them in person. The Ring Video Doorbell is making your home safer than ever with enhanced features that allow you to see, hear, and talk to anyone from anywhere.
Never miss a visitor again with motion-activated alerts and customized viewing modes. And for people coming from 1 mile away? They can get a glimpse of themselves on the live video streaming straight to their doorstep without even having to reach out for their phone.
With live video that come in 1080p HD, motion detection, audio privacy, and night vision cameras for crisp footage even at low lighting conditions. the video doorbell lets you see, hear and speak to anyone with a device that plugs into an electrical outlet or connects wirelessly through WiFi.
Arlo Essential Video Doorbell
The Arlo Essential Video Doorbell provides a full look at your front door with its 180-degree view and 10x zoom. It comes loaded with features like 30 frames per second, HDR for clear images even in low lighting or bright conditions, enhanced two-way talk so an actual conversation can take place, night vision to see what’s happening day or night.
And unlike other doorbells where you worry about wiring the device to your electric box and it not working in case of an outage, this one plugs into a regular outlet anywhere you want to put it without having to worry about trenching wires up through your floorboards! It is an easy to install video doorbell that lets you see who’s at your front door from head to toe.
The Arlo Essential is one of the most intelligent doorbells on the market because it has a world-class battery life of two years not requiring constant recharging unlike some competitors.
Logitech Circle View
Circle View is a high quality and affordable home security camera. It features best-in-class Logitech TrueView video with 180° field-of-view optics and 1080p HD so everything is captured in razor sharp detail.
Circle View captures beautiful, focused, high detail images both day and night, even when the lighting outside swings from sunrise to sunset or there are dark corners indoors that should be invisible.
The durable weatherproof IP64 rated body also assures a long product life for peace of mind. For professional installation, you can mount Circle View on your wall without worrying about running power lines underground or through attics.
The Circle View app allows you to watch live video from anywhere in the world on your smartphone at any time day or night. The app also enables you to use two-way audio so you can talk and listen through the doorbell, as well as program alerts for motion or sound detection.
Maximus Answer DualCam Video Doorbell
The Kuna Maximus Answer DualCam Video Doorbell is perfect for those who are interested in a hassle-free video doorbell.
The hardware consists of two cameras that capture and send shot videos, one high definition 1080P capturing camera with an IR night vision to allow you basic surveillance at any time of day; along with the other 720p lower resolution camera in conjunction with a package light to make your porch visible even on complete darkness.
Your privacy will never be compromised because it has such a wide 180 degree field of view. With 16V AC – 24V AC power rated 10 VA transformer and 36 infrared LEDs, this model lasts long enough to provide you maximum benefits without wasting electric resources. It features dual WiFi connections for easy connectivity that offers you remote access to your property.