There are many chainsaw sharpener brands on the market today and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes. The size you choose will depend on your needs, for example if you only use your saw occasionally then a smaller model might be more appropriate. For those who need to sharpen their chainsaw regularly, such as professional arborists or timber workers, should opt for a larger chain grinder that can handle the demand on it better than its smaller counterparts.
A good quality chainsaw sharpener will last years without needing to be replaced so it’s worth investing in one that is reliable and durable. It’s also important to maintain your machine by following manufacturer guidelines about oiling and storing them correctly after use too. If this seems too much trouble, then a sharpener could be the answer.
There are many different models to choose from and some of the more popular brands. Each of these comes with its own set of features but ultimately they all do an excellent job at keeping your chainsaw in prime condition for longer.
Table of Contents
What to consider when purchasing a chainsaw sharpener
1. The first thing to think about is the size of your saw. If you have a larger or smaller chainsaw, then you will have to get one that’s suitable for it.
2. Determine if the sharpener needs an electricity supply or not, as some of them can be used with batteries so you don’t need to be near a plug socket.
3. The cost of the sharpener is also something to think about before deciding which one to buy. There are cheaper models available but always check out reviews from other users before making your final decision on which product is best suited for you and your budget.
4. Take note of how easy the chainsaw sharpener is to assemble because this could determine whether it’s right for you or not too – if it takes ages just to put together then there’s a good chance you’ll give up on it.
5. Some models are designed for light use only, so if you’re going to be using the sharpener heavily then ensure that it can withstand this. You don’t want to spend your hard earned cash on something that’s not going to last as long as you need it too.
6. Find out what safety features the sharpener has included to ensure you are not at risk when using it. This could include a blunting blade which will stop you from being cut by the chainsaw itself if it gets too close.
7. Check out how well rated the product is before purchasing it online as there are many places where you can check out the latest customer feedback.
8. And finally, if it’s just for home use and you’re not going to be using it all that often, then you can look at buying a cheaper model as long as it’s not too cheaply made.
5 Best Chainsaw Sharpeners
Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener
You can never have too many tools, and rarely need them more than when you’re outdoors. With this sharpener, it’s easy to take care of your chainsaw without ever having to wait for a roadside “mechanic”. It is designed to sharpen each tooth in seconds with precision, so every tooth has the same length and angle.
Made with high quality machined aluminum that is durable and portable: take this pack everywhere and have peace of mind at all times because now there’s little excuse for not sharpening your saw whenever you want. Whether you are a single person or part of a tree service team, everyone knows how quickly time away from work adds up!
Pferd 17301 Sharp CS-X Chain Saw Sharpener
The Pferd 17301 Sharp CS-X Chain Saw Sharpener is the ultimate manual sharpening tool for professionals. It has a handy design that is lightweight but sturdy, capable of both chaining and blade sharpening.
The device can sharpen one side while adjusting the other without any complications or conversion needed. You would be amazed at how precise you could hone your blade after using this convenient tool!
The Pferd 17301 Sharp CS-X Chain Saw Sharpener is a small, yet powerful tool that allows for simple use and easy handling. Both sides of saw teeth can be sharpened simultaneously by simply flipping the device over to the opposite side. A perfect precision and uniformity are obtained every time, with little care needed from unskilled users.
Buffalo Tools ECSS Electric Chainsaw Sharpener
Your chain is crucial to your saw’s performance, and you can invest in the cost of a sharpener with every charge. The ECSS Electric Chainsaw Sharpener mounts securely to your bench, wall or vise for easy access and stability.
It adjusts to fit the most popular chains brands on the market today. We use a 4200 RPM grinding wheel that spins at 60 Hz; it plugs into a standard 120-volt power outlet – no need for special wiring or expensive generators! The screen makes this diamond grit sharpening process foolproof because it measures just how far down you should go before stopping for perfect results every time.
Oregon 410-120 Chain Grinder
The Oregon 410-120 is a commercial quality bench or wall mounted chain grinder that’s perfect for semi-professional and home use. Save time on expensive trips to the hardware store, as the 410-120 easily mounts to almost any surface with 2 included bolts -great for your workshop or garage.
Sharpening your chainsaw about once a week will save you time and money, with the Oregon 410-120 Chain Grinder. It easily mounts to a bench or wall with two included bolts, and sharpens .404″ pitch chain up to 16″.
Oregon has made sure this one is safe for all operators by including a manual chain clamping vice. The easy-to-use grinder also comes with an adjustment knob so that it can be refined for different types of chains – perfect for homes and businesses!
Katzco Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit
We know you spend a lot of time around these lumberjacks, and your trusty chainsaw is one of your most essential tools. The Katzco Chainsaw Sharpener File Kit comes with any tool needed to get that perfect sharp edge.
The kit includes round files in the sizes 5/32”, 3/16”, and 7/32” so all different blade widths are taken care of. And for those fast jobs when every minute counts our premium fine tooth flat file is an excellent choice. Each handle can be attached to any expert-grade round file when it’s time to say bye-bye to those slicing sawdust hands that never seem to go away.
Easy to carry, this tool kit provides everything you’ll ever need. Plenty of variety gives you the perfect file for any situation.